The call to politics is akin to a call-in church ministry. Christians called to serve are accountable to God and are therefore servants of the people of God.
- The church is called to deeply interrogate and assess those called to leadership.
- The church must guard against turning the altars of the living God into altars of worship to the god of power.
- The church through the concern for the condition of God’s people should view politics as a mission ground that God can use for transformation.
- The church is called to discard ideologies that are informed by the standards of man and embrace theology that promotes inclusivity and is governed by the politics of God.
- The price for engagement in politics should serve as a spectrum of avenues that the church can use to respond to the call of God- each designed to reveal the character and glory of God.
- Christians who wish to serve in political office should resign from the Church
Rev. Calisto Odede